Enjoy some weekday fun with your Little Engineer(s) at one of our toddler/preschooler days!
The Young Engineers experience is a scaled down version of a day at Whistlestop Valley with your mini-me in mind:
- Return steam train ride to Cuckoo's Nest only (total journey time of 20 minutes) - can travel unlimited times if availability allows
- Unlimited platform rides on Tram No.7
- Unlimited rides on the Clayton Flyer miniature railway
- Unlimited access to the playground at Clayton West
- Unlimited access to The Pillow (jumping pillow)
- Unlimited access to The Shed (indoor activity area)
- The shop will be open for those pocket money purchases
- The Firebox Cafe will be open serving a reduced menu, drinks & snacks (limited hot food items only)
- Treat yourself to a Hungry Engineers' Afternoon Tea, available to pre-order only for collection & enjoyment on the day. If you wish to book, please add Young Engineers tickets to your cart and then click on the Hungry Engineers link beneath the 'checkout' button
- Access to our outdoor picnic areas (please note your own food cannot be consumed inside the cafe)
- Access to the small children's fairground rides (additional fees payable directly to operator)
- Reduced capacities
All this is available for just £4.95 per person for visitors aged one & above (babies under the age of 12 months go FREE).
So, you can spend a day out with us without spending a fortune.
JULY 2022 - The time you choose when booking is the time you should ARRIVE at Clayton West Station. You can arrive later but PLEASE do not arrive earlier!
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2022 - The time you choose when booking is your ARRIVAL SLOT 10am-12.30pm or 12.30pm-2.30pm. You can arrive at any time within your chosen slot but PLEASE not earlier!
Trains to Cuckoo's Nest will depart at quarter past & quarter to each hour from 10.15am until 2.45pm. Journeys & seats will be unallocated & you may travel as many times as you like throughout the day depending on availability on each service. As such, if a service is full to capacity, you may have to wait to take the next service instead. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Image courtesy of Michelle Wardman Photography