Have you ever wanted to ride on the footplate of a steam engine? Now's your chance!
You can book your footplate experience online here or, if you are buying the experience as a gift, please buy a Whistlestop Valley gift voucher instead and the lucky recipient can book their experience at their own convenience.
Footplate Ride - £60
- A 70-minute, seven-mile footplate ride on one of our unique steam locomotives in the company of one of our experienced drivers
- A Big Adventure ticket to enjoy Whistlestop Valley at leisure for the remainder of the day
- A souvenir mug
- A complimentary family Big Adventure ticket to Whistlestop Valley for a return visit within a year
- A tour of the engine shed & workshop (subject to staff availability)
- Not available during special events
- Must be booked in advance (not available to purchase on the day)
- Please note that requests for specific locomotives CANNOT be accommodated as this relies heavily on both driver & loco availability
- Available on selected weekends and slected times only
The time you book is the time your chosen train will depart from Clayton West Station.
Please arrive as follows:
- 11.50am Footplate Ride - please arrive between 10am-11.30am
- 1.10pm Footplate Ride - please arrive between 11.30am-12.50pm
- 2.30pm Footplate Ride - please arrive between 1pm-2.10pm
Please CLICK HERE to read the Whistlestop Valley's important Terms & Conditions before purchasing a Footplate Experience.
Participants must be aged 16 years old or over. If the participant is aged between 16-18 years old, they must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18 who must travel on the same train as the participant.
For accompanying persons, please book BIG ADVENTURE tickets.