Click, click, click!
Whistlestop Valley’s Photography Days offer attendees an opportunity to use their digital cameras in a more creative way whilst photographing different areas of the railway.
Attendees will have access to areas including the stations, lineside, the coaling and workshop areas.
Courses are led by professional photographer, Dave Edmondson L.R.P.S, who will offer advice and guidance for taking good quality images in different settings.
Dave will offer tips and guidance if participants require it. Each course is limited to five participants only to allow enough time and guidance to be given to everyone.
Courses begin at 9am and run until the locomotives are put into the shed at the end of the operating day (5pm/5.30pm).
Courses cost £60 per person (one day only) and places must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of the course date.
The dates of the courses are seasonal to allow a choice of backdrop settings for your images:
- Spring - Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th April 2021
- Summer - Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th July 2021
- Autumn - Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th October 2021
If you wish to purchase the course as a gift, please call us to book and we can issue a voucher alongside the course confirmation letter.
Included in the course fee
- Safety briefing upon arrival
- Tea & coffee
- A packed lunch
- Photo tuition and advice from qualified photographer
- Guided photography walk
- Use of hi-vis jacket
- All-day travel ticket for Whistlestop Valley (on the day of the course)
Participants to provide
- All photographic equipment to be used - camera, tripod etc.
- Sturdy footwear suitable for walking on uneven grounds - no sandals or flip flops
- Suitable/waterproof clothing
PLEASE NOTE: Participants should be in reasonable health, taking into consideration the distances they will be required to walk and the equipment they will need to carry.
Participants must be 16 years old or over.
At the time of booking, participants must make Whistlestop Valley aware of any medical issues they may have that may affect them during the course.