Ever wanted to meet a dinosaur?
Or, be taught the skills needed to be a Dinosaur Ranger by real-life Jurassic experts?!
Well, now's your chance as Whistlestop Valley joins forces with their paleontologist pals from Funcast Character Company.
What's happening on the day?
On the day of your visit, you will be welcome to arrive from 9.30am and stay with us until we close at 5pm.
The time you choose when booking is the time your TRAIN DEPARTS from Clayton West to transport you to Shelley Station; it is NOT your arrival time! Don't be late for your steam train ride or you might end up as T-Rex fodder!
As well as your return steam train ride (25 mins each way), All THIS is included in your ticket price:
At Clayton West Station:
🦖 A roarsome 25 minute Ranger School (drop in, at intervals throughout the day)
🦖 All day access to the outdoor playground
🦖 All day access to the covered jumping pillow
🦖 Rides on The Clayton Flyer miniature railway
There will also be two children's fairground rides at Clayton West Station (small additional fees apply).
At Shelley Station:
🦖 Tram platform rides
🦖 Access to the outdoor playground
🦖 Dinosaur art/craft activities (subject to COVID restrictions)
🦖 Mini treasure hunt & opportunity to meet & greet two dinky dinos at intervals throughout the day
The event will take place on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th June 2022.
Visitors will book onto a specific train departure time, with trains departing every 40 minutes from 10am until the last service at 2.40pm.
Visitors can spend as long as they like at Shelley Station before choosing a return train ride later in the day. Trains will be returning from Shelley every 40 minutes from 10.40am until the final departure at 4pm.
Tickets can be purchased ONLINE ONLY from the Whistlestop Valley website.
All bookings are subject to a £1.80 booking fee per transaction (not per ticket).
**Please note that any infant under 2 who will be taking part in the Ranger School will require a full price child's ticket**
**Please note that all children must be accompanied by at least one adult at all times**
What are the COVID secure measures?
We're led by UK Government guidance but - at the time of writing - we anticipate the following may need to be adhered to:
- All visitors over the age of 11 years may need to wear a face mask/covering when on our trains or inside our station/event facilities (unless they have a valid exemption)
- Please remember that we are a family attraction & offensive face masks will not be tolerated
- Maintain your social distance at all times from people you are not visiting with
- There may be screens between compartments on the train to keep you separate from other visitor groups
- When taking a seat on board, remember to sit in your group only. Please do not spread out unnecessarily
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Use contactless payments wherever possible
TERMS & CONDITIONS inc. CANCELLATION POLICY - click here.